Saturday, April 14, 2007

dating only usually sucks

I had a date with someone new (v. tall, blonde, substantial hand size, wore wire rim glasses but not the annoying kind) two nights ago. It was pretty alright - no kissing but the fact that he emailed again is a good sign. The fact that I was not freaked out that he emailed again is a very good sign.
We talked about things like:


  • my favorite british satire show, Look Around You.
  • stereotypically, who wins the prize for biggest retail snob - video store clerks or bookstore employees
  • his #1 all time favorite philosopher, Heidegger
  • Roald Dahl and Mr Wizard's World
  • old timey boxers who wear suspenders
  • living in the south.

I can't remember what else we talked about because I got kind of tippled what with the gin I sucked down before he got to the bar, and the jovial spirit of Riffifi that encourages continual imbibement - every dating advice list I've ever seen advises against getting drunk on a first date, but what can you do?

2 comments:

Ali said...

Perfect!

Urainia said...

are wire rims better than hc? the conundrums of a modern gal like yourself...
i would need cliff notes for this date.