Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Dandelion Season!


while walking to work this morning i came across a little patch of grass in front of the courthouse in queens that's been covered in scaffolding all winter. the scaffolding is finally down and dandelions are sprouting up all over.

picking dandelions is lovely because:
1. they're common enough that i don't feel guilty about picking them when i haven't planted them myself. dandelions plant themselves - they plant themselves plentiful & there sure were plenty leftover for the bees once i took a handful for myself.
2. their petals are soft & i like to rub my nose in them.
3. their scent is so delicate & not too flowery. they just smell like spring and summer camp and grubbing around outside with no responsibilities.

unfortunately, they also like to rub their pollen off on your face. unfortunately i never remember that. unfortunately i walked half a mile like a ditz sniffing my little bouquet and got a face full of yellow.

the upside: no one wanted to stand next to me in the elevator and that's a-ok with me.

1 comment:

Darren Daz Cox said...

I love dandelion season!!!!